Last week, as the end of the academic year was approaching, many (art) schools and universities of the city Gent held their exhibitions & open days inviting new students to join in. Artevelde University College Gent (Arteveldehogeschool/ Campus Mariakerke - Graphic and Digital Media) opened up its doors on Saturday 24 of June offering various activities such as a brand new exhibition about letterpress printing + demonstration, lettering & 3D workshop and so much more.Read More
1. Gentse Feesten/ MIAT - Oud-drukker Arnould vertelt over drukinkt & zwarte vingers. Dagelijks van zaterdag 15 juli tot zondag 23 juli, om 10u (prijs-museumtoegang) - link
2. Gentse Feesten/ MIAT - Gezinsworkshop drukken. 15-23.07.2017 - link
3. British Letterpress. A UK view of Letterpress Printing.
4. Pressing Matters magazine - a new printmaking publication, fresh off the printing press.
1. Fascinating photos show the making of the New York Times (1942) - link
2. in/vorm - zomertyposium met Martin Majoor, Thomas Gravemaker, Patrick Goossens & René Knip in Antwerpen (26.08). Schrijf je in - link
3. Call for entries: 1000 prints 2 by The Blue House Gallery (Ohio, USA). Deadline 30.07.17
4. How letterpress printing came back from the dead - link
As you probably already know the Letterpress Workers Summit (LpW) is an annual meeting of letterpress printers/designers from Europe and US. LpW is a short-term artistic residence, open to the public, where people work together on a common theme, sharing their knowledge and experience. LpW started in Milan in 2012 and is curated by Officina Tipografica Novepunti. Since 2014, it has been held at Leoncavallo S.p.a.Read More
1. "The Paper Revolution 1920 – 1930’s. Soviet Graphic Design and Constructivism" exhibition at the ADAM in Brussels. 05.06-08.10.2017
2. 40 years Purgatory Pie Press exhibition hosted by Edition Schwarzdruck at the Eremitage, Gransee (DE), 27.05 - 09.07.2017 - link
3. The Matrix Reloaded: Establishing Cataloguing & Research Guidelines for Artefacts of Printing Images. Conference: Blocks Plates Stones, 21 September 2017
4. P22 Type Foundry and The Hamilton Wood Type Museum have announced the newest addition to the Hamilton Wood Type Legacy Project: Brylski by Nick Sherman, named for retired wood type cutter Norb Brylski and designed to be cut as wood type at the museum in Two Rivers, WI - link
1. Last week the world premiere of Pressing On: The Letterpress Film took place at the iconic Hatch Show Print (Nashville, TN). And in honor of the world premiere, Hatch Show Print’s Haley Gallery hosts an exhibition of works from over 50 letterpress artists.
2. The Regional Print Centre (Wrexham, UK) offers open access printmaking facilities to artists and designers across Wales and beyond.
3. Antwerp Type Society celebrates type in all its forms, shapes and sizes. Expect drinks + expo + type jam + printing bike + live mural. 15.06.2017
4. Oxford Print Fair, a day long event for lovers of print hosted at one of the leading UK contemporary art spaces, Modern Art Oxford. Saturday 9th September 2017