1. Endless letterpress/ Los Ultimos is a film about typography, but above all, about a group of people passionate about an ancient craft.
2. Friends and practitioners of print, fans of type, ink connoisseurs, nerds of the word and music packaging aficionados, the Stumptown Printers could use a hand! Thank you for reading their newsletter.
3. Baskerville in France. An international conference in Amiens, France, 18-19 October 2018.
4. Just in case you fancy some type soaps ;) - link
1. The theme of ATypI: Association Typographique Internationale 2018 conference is 'Type Legacies: honouring the heritage, designing type today'. By honouring our heritage, we reflect on the rich tradition of type to gain insights into the contemporary practice and inspire the future. September 11–15, 2018, Antwerp, Belgium.
The call for presentations for ATypI 2018 is now open.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 30, 2018.
2. The 5th Bangkok Triennale International Print and Drawing exhibition - link.
3. A look inside Dafi Kühne Swiss Alps-based, mindblowingly vast letterpress studio, by AIGA, (image by Daniel Infanger)
4. Drukken, bladwijzers maken of een velletje papier marmeren in Plantin-Moretus museum tijdens de Erfgoeddag, 22.04.
1. The next annual conference of the AEPM will be hosted by the Imprenta municipal – Artes del libro, Madrid, Spain from the 24-26 May 2018. The theme of the conference is:
'After printing: bookbinding as cultural heritage'.
2. MABB2018-Malmö Artists Book Biennial, first international artist's book fair in Sweden, a fair and exhibition about art based on the book as a phenomenon. 20.04.18.
3. GAA drukt door in Grote Kerk in Alkmaar. 22.06-22.07.18.
4. 'The Letterpress Printer', a lovely short film about Nick Hand from Bristol. The first in a new on-going collection of short films that explore the human relationship with passions, occupations and obsessions.
For one more time GRAFOC and Typografics are joining the forces to organise the second screening of the 'Graphic Means' documentary in Belgium. This time it wil take place in Gent. This documentary dives into the graphic design archives and explores graphic design production of the 1950s through the 1990s—from linecaster to photocomposition, and from paste-up to PDF.
Graphic Means, director - Briar Levit
20:00 – 23:00
tickets (entrance is free, but registration is required)
1. Pre-order the Itinerant Printer book & get five mini prints.
2. Der Papiermacher. Gangolf Ulbricht manufactures the thinnest paper in the world and restores old books and works. UIbricht is one of the few people in Europe who can still make paper the old-fashioned way.
3. Futura_90 by Bunkertype. A tribute to the typography of Paul Renner in commemoration of his ninetieth anniversary.
4. TypeNotes magazine dedicated to typography and graphic design.