1. Fruit Exhibition is the annual independent art book fair of Bologna (IT), 01-03.02.2019
2. AEPM annual conference 2019. Safeguarding intangible heritage. Passing on printing techniques to future generations. 23-25.05.2019, Nationaal Museum van de Speelkaart, Turnhout (BE)
3. Drukdrukdruk is coming back, 04-05.05.2019
4. Papier Carbone III is getting ready, 16-17.03. 2019. Submit your proposal untill 31.12.2018
After attending Zomertyposium last year I was curious about this years' edition and as soon as the date had been announced quickly bought a ticket (as this event is usually sold out quite fast). This year it focuses on the collaboration between the illustrator, the typographer and the printer and with printer Arie Lenoir, cartoonist Joost Swarte, typographer Gert Dooreman, journalist Walter Pauli and printmaker Vladimir Ivaneanu the line-up looked quite promising.Read More
1. The theme of ATypI: Association Typographique Internationale 2018 conference is 'Type Legacies: honouring the heritage, designing type today'. By honouring our heritage, we reflect on the rich tradition of type to gain insights into the contemporary practice and inspire the future. September 11–15, 2018, Antwerp, Belgium.
The call for presentations for ATypI 2018 is now open.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 30, 2018.
2. The 5th Bangkok Triennale International Print and Drawing exhibition - link.
3. A look inside Dafi Kühne Swiss Alps-based, mindblowingly vast letterpress studio, by AIGA, (image by Daniel Infanger)
4. Drukken, bladwijzers maken of een velletje papier marmeren in Plantin-Moretus museum tijdens de Erfgoeddag, 22.04.
1. Grand Mots Grands Moyens, an exhibition at Le Musée de l’imprimerie in Nantes,
2. Printing Colour 1700-1830 conference, 10-12.04.18, London.
3. Cataloging the Enquirer collection at the Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum.
4. Printing Revolution and Society 1450-1500 - Fifty Years that Changed Europe Congres.
1. Non-Toxic Printmaking. A green dream? A practical and theoretical meeting on safer and sustainable printmaking. Atelier Blauwhof - Kessel, Belgium, March 15-19, 2018.
2. 'Beyond Caxton: The John & Griselda Lewis Printing Collection' will be open to view in the Staircase Hall from Wed 3rd January. Diverse samples of the collection from 15th-20th C.
3. Reconstructing Gutenberg’s Press: The IES' Term-Long Celebration for 'Gutenberg Year 2018'. Lectures & reading - link.
4. 9 IN HAND PRESS is proud to announce our Third Annual International Print Exchange! The exchange is open to printmakers worldwide. Deadline 31.03.2018, link.