1. The theme of ATypI: Association Typographique Internationale 2018 conference is 'Type Legacies: honouring the heritage, designing type today'. By honouring our heritage, we reflect on the rich tradition of type to gain insights into the contemporary practice and inspire the future. September 11–15, 2018, Antwerp, Belgium.
The call for presentations for ATypI 2018 is now open.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, April 30, 2018.
2. The 5th Bangkok Triennale International Print and Drawing exhibition - link.
3. A look inside Dafi Kühne Swiss Alps-based, mindblowingly vast letterpress studio, by AIGA, (image by Daniel Infanger)
4. Drukken, bladwijzers maken of een velletje papier marmeren in Plantin-Moretus museum tijdens de Erfgoeddag, 22.04.
1. The next annual conference of the AEPM will be hosted by the Imprenta municipal – Artes del libro, Madrid, Spain from the 24-26 May 2018. The theme of the conference is:
'After printing: bookbinding as cultural heritage'.
2. MABB2018-Malmö Artists Book Biennial, first international artist's book fair in Sweden, a fair and exhibition about art based on the book as a phenomenon. 20.04.18.
3. GAA drukt door in Grote Kerk in Alkmaar. 22.06-22.07.18.
4. 'The Letterpress Printer', a lovely short film about Nick Hand from Bristol. The first in a new on-going collection of short films that explore the human relationship with passions, occupations and obsessions.
Where — Dok-Zuid 23, 9000 Gent
When — Saturday 05.05.18 & Sunday 06.05.18 from 13:00 until 17:00
Price — €40 pp (all materials included)
Registration is required — email@example.com
Max. 6 participants per workshop (+16)
2. Atelier Musee Imprimerie, the largest European printing museum is coming soon to Malesherbes (FR). Take a look at 'the making off' video.
3. Residency. Women’s Studio Workshop in Beisinghoff, Germany. Apply here.
4. Summer course Typography 2018. Atelier t, Bierbeek (BE).
1. Grand Mots Grands Moyens, an exhibition at Le Musée de l’imprimerie in Nantes,
2. Printing Colour 1700-1830 conference, 10-12.04.18, London.
3. Cataloging the Enquirer collection at the Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum.
4. Printing Revolution and Society 1450-1500 - Fifty Years that Changed Europe Congres.
The Museum 't Aloam in Viane/Geraardsbergen is housed in the Mertensmolen, a working water mill. The origin of the mill dates back to 1293. Between 1848 and 1905, 2 new water turbines were added and it was completely restored in 2006. Finally, in 2011 the printing house was added to the museum.Read More
In the beginning of October, I decided to take a short break to visit my family in Armenia as well as to visit the Granshan non-latin type conference which this year took place in Yerevan. Upon arrival in sunny Armenia, I've discovered that the Printing Museum in Yerevan just got open and rushed there as soon as I could.
The museum is located in the building of the National Library of Armenia (Teryan street, 72) and the Library had already expressed the idea of establishing this museum back in 2012, when Armenia was celebrating the 500th anniversary of Armenian printing & UNESCO named Yerevan as World Book Capital. But it was finally opened for public just recently, on 25th of September 2017.