To mark the 200th anniversary of Herman Melville's birth the Bodleian Library invited contributions to the collective edition of 'Extracts. Supplied by a sub-sub-librarian.' from Herman Melville's 1851 novel, Moby-Dick. I’m proud to be one of the contributors.Read More
1. Boekkunstbeurs. 09-10.11.19, Leiden (NL).
2. ‘Expres per ongeluk’ exhibition by E.Schneider in a brand new Rufus Gallery in Ghent.
3. Displacement Prints Exchange. Call for submissions. Deadline 30.11.2019.
4. ‘A Show of Hands' celebrates one of printing's most famous visual icons: the printer's fist or ‘manicule’. 30.09 - 19.10.2019, Corsham Court campus, Bath Spa University (UK).
On Saturday 28 & Sunday 29 of September we will open the doors of Letterpress Corner in Ghent. You are all welcome between 10 am and 5 pm for a nice chat, a guided tour in the studio, demonstrations, info about the upcoming workshops and explanation about the use of the studio for your own projects.
Btw, if you register for any of our workshops during the open door days, you will receive a 10% discount;)
I’m looking forward to welcoming you!
1. Open Doors Days at the Letterpress Corner. 28-29.09, Ghent.
2. Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair is the only fair in London to deal solely in contemporary printmaking. 07-10.11, London.
3. Very Like a Whale. This display marks 200 years since the birth of Herman Melville with 21st-century prints inspired by his most famous fictional creation, Moby-Dick.
4. A limited edition of "The Little Prince” by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, using historic letterpress technology at the TYPA studio, Tartu, Estonia.
Yeah, it is summertime! Time to take a break, visit places, meet old and new friends and enjoy the sun. So last week we, a group of printmaking enthusiasts, decided to take a day off to visit the Chalcography department of the Royal Library of Belgium/KBR in Brussels, currently lead by talented illustrator and printmaker Leen Van Hulst. To be honest, before meeting Leen during the letterpress workshop in Antwerp earlier this year I had no idea about this department at all. So when she kindly suggested to visit it we immediately scheduled the appointment.Read More
1. The 8th issue of Pressing Matters magazine is available for sale - link. An independently-run publication, honing in on the people, passion and processes behind the artform of printmaking. Featuring some photography by your truly (cover + LpW in Milan).
2. Check out the upcoming workshops at the Letterpress Corner in Ghent.
1. The Typography Museum of Chania launches its fifth poster competition - link
2. John Southward: Adventures in 19th Century Print and Journalism. 17.09.19, St.Bride Foundation - link
3. Grafiek2019 is een grafiekmanifestatie die van 1 september tot en met 30 november 2019 zal plaatsvinden op meer dan honderd locaties in Nederland.
4. For the Love of Letterpress. A Printing Handbook for Instructors and Students (second edition) - link