Creating and printing posters, self-initiated or on a commission is something I enjoy making the most. So, therefore, I was quite enthusiastic when it came to collaboration with MIAT museum where 2 different posters had to be designed, typeset from wood and metal type and letterpress printed at the printing department of the museum.Read More
In December, between Christmas and New Year I decided to take a 3-day trip to Amsterdam to visit friends who came all the way from Toronto. Upon arrival to Amsterdam Central Station, I spotted a lovely and quiet place, situated in the Amstelpassage (inside the station) - called Lil' Amsterdam.Read More
1. Talk. Decompiling History: Tobias Frere-Jones, St Bride Foundation, 20.01.2018, 7:00pm.
2. Art on Paper, call for artists, deadline 16.01.2018.
3. Cambridge Original Printmakers Biennale, 21-29.09.2018. The 2018 exhibition will be open to printmakers who specialise in hand-pulled original prints, and work within a 35 mile radius of Cambridge, UK.
4. Japanese miniature press, with PDF of the assembly and operating instructions.
For one more time GRAFOC and Typografics are joining the forces to organise the second screening of the 'Graphic Means' documentary in Belgium. This time it wil take place in Gent. This documentary dives into the graphic design archives and explores graphic design production of the 1950s through the 1990s—from linecaster to photocomposition, and from paste-up to PDF.
Graphic Means, director - Briar Levit
20:00 – 23:00
tickets (entrance is free, but registration is required)
In November, following the annual tradition, Drukwerk in de Marge society is organizing a book fair dedicated to letterpress printers, printmakers, bookbinders and all sorts of creative folks. Housed in the beautiful Sint Pieterskerk in the picturesque city of Leiden, it gathers the printmaking enthusiasts from the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, UK etc.Read More
In the beginning of October, I decided to take a short break to visit my family in Armenia as well as to visit the Granshan non-latin type conference which this year took place in Yerevan. Upon arrival in sunny Armenia, I've discovered that the Printing Museum in Yerevan just got open and rushed there as soon as I could.
The museum is located in the building of the National Library of Armenia (Teryan street, 72) and the Library had already expressed the idea of establishing this museum back in 2012, when Armenia was celebrating the 500th anniversary of Armenian printing & UNESCO named Yerevan as World Book Capital. But it was finally opened for public just recently, on 25th of September 2017.
1. Boekkunstbeurs in Pieterskerk in Leiden. 11-12.11.2017.
2. The Wolpe Exhibition - a month-long exhibition to celebrate the launch of a new collection of typefaces, originally designed by Berthold Wolpe, now revived by Monotype.
3. Making third stream books in the post-digital age, lecture by Russell Maret. 17.10.2017
4. Double Dagger Issue 2 is now available for pre-order.