Last weekend I travelled to London to visit St Bride Foundation Wayzgoose for the first time. In case you are wondering what the term Wayzgoose stands for, here is an explanation - it was an entertainment given by a master printer to his workmen each year on St Bartholomew’s Day (24 August). It marked the traditional end of summer and the start of the season of working by candlelight. Later, the word came to refer to an annual outing and dinner for the staff of a printing works or the printers on a newspaper. Although traditionally held in August it has no fixed date these days.Read More
1. Hooksmith is a film about Russell Frost, a New Zealand born, former fly fisher who now runs Hooksmith Press, producing letterpress prints in his workshop based in East London.
2. International Summer Courses – Printmaking And Textile Art (PATA) - Łódź, Poland, 2017 are designed for beginners and experienced artists - website & Facebook page
3. Ladies of Letterpress is teaming up with Firecracker Press and Central Print Studios to bring you a combined letterpress event in St. Louis, MO, September 28-October 1, 2017 - link
4. Shipley Wayzgoose, 03.06.2017 at Kirkgate Center (UK) - link
1. Bookbinders' Fair, Sunday 9 April 2017, Sint Niklaas, Belgium
2. BABE 2017: Bristol Artists Book Event. The sixth biennial festival of artist book making, featuring the work of bookmakers and small presses from around the world. 01 -02.04.2017
3. Full Programme of AEPM annual conference 11-14 May 2017 at The Museum of Typography, Chania, Crete (Greece)
4. Printing the ancient way keeps Buddhist texts alive in Tibet - link
1. Print enthusiasts from across the UK are traveling to Clyro on Saturday 1st April for the inaugural Baskerville Wayzgoose. FB event page - link
2. Green Door Printmaking Studio heartily invite national and international printmakers to participate in their 9th annual exchange (IPE 2017)! Deadline: 31 August 2017
3. we ♥ paper is a new platform that allows printers to promote their workshops and users to find and book them - link
4. 'Typographic Summer Program' with Dafi Kühne is an intense 2 week summer program in Switzerland for international graphic design students. Check it out!