The second edition of Carbon Paper festival around the printed matter and small-scale editions will take place in Charleroi (BE) on 24 & 25 of February. During this weekend over the 50 artists, printmakers and publishers are coming over to the BPS22 - Art Museum of the Province of Hainaut (BE) to showcase their artworks in a wide range of disciplines, including etchings, screen printing, bookbinding, risograph printing, etc.. The visitors can participate in various workshops (the program will be online very soon), buy some prints or visit a party on Saturday evening.
Would you like to participate? Take a look at the info and register here (deadline 15.01.2018).
1. The next annual conference of the AEPM will be hosted by the Imprenta municipal – Artes del libro, Madrid, Spain from the 24-26 May 2018. The theme of the conference is:
'After printing: bookbinding as cultural heritage'.
2. The 6th Tokyo International Mini-Print Triennial 2018. Application info.
3. Become a friend of the St Bride Library!
4. Koppermaandagprenten in de 3 noordelijke grafische musea van Nederland.
1. Non-Toxic Printmaking. A green dream? A practical and theoretical meeting on safer and sustainable printmaking. Atelier Blauwhof - Kessel, Belgium, March 15-19, 2018.
2. 'Beyond Caxton: The John & Griselda Lewis Printing Collection' will be open to view in the Staircase Hall from Wed 3rd January. Diverse samples of the collection from 15th-20th C.
3. Reconstructing Gutenberg’s Press: The IES' Term-Long Celebration for 'Gutenberg Year 2018'. Lectures & reading - link.
4. 9 IN HAND PRESS is proud to announce our Third Annual International Print Exchange! The exchange is open to printmakers worldwide. Deadline 31.03.2018, link.
The Drukdrukdruk weekend is back: on 5th and 6th of May 2018 you can follow workshops, artist talks and various printmaking sessions throughout Belgium: silkscreen, lino, etching, letterpress, monotype etc. The complete program will be online on 2 of April, so keep an eye on their website.
Do you own a studio or exhibition space? Do you organize an activity or workshop?
Feel free to submit your activity before 11 February 2018 via this link.
Check out the previous edition.
1. Talk. Decompiling History: Tobias Frere-Jones, St Bride Foundation, 20.01.2018, 7:00pm.
2. Art on Paper, call for artists, deadline 16.01.2018.
3. Cambridge Original Printmakers Biennale, 21-29.09.2018. The 2018 exhibition will be open to printmakers who specialise in hand-pulled original prints, and work within a 35 mile radius of Cambridge, UK.
4. Japanese miniature press, with PDF of the assembly and operating instructions.
For one more time GRAFOC and Typografics are joining the forces to organise the second screening of the 'Graphic Means' documentary in Belgium. This time it wil take place in Gent. This documentary dives into the graphic design archives and explores graphic design production of the 1950s through the 1990s—from linecaster to photocomposition, and from paste-up to PDF.
Graphic Means, director - Briar Levit
20:00 – 23:00
tickets (entrance is free, but registration is required)