On Saturday 29 & Sunday 30 of September we will open the doors of our Letterpress Corner in Ghent. You are all welcome between 10 am and 5 pm for a nice chat, a guided tour in the studio, demonstrations, info about the upcoming workshops and explanation about the use of the studio for your own projects.
Btw, if you register for any of our workshops during the open door days, you will receive a 10% discount;)
We are looking forward to welcoming you!
Armina & Charlotte
you might also like
Meet us at the Letterpress Corner
Forme is a new letterpress publication, typographically exploring science’s explanations of the world around us by committing ink to paper.
‘Untruth’ is the subject of the first issue which looks at how we navigate a world riddled with misinformation and fake news. A commissioned feature from cognitive neuroscientist Neil Garrett reveals how our brains react to messages we suspect to be false and what motivates us to investigate further, even when we know we’re being lied to.
While visiting the annual AEPM conference in Madrid I had made some time free to visit Familia Plómez which I knew a lot about but never got a chance to visit.
So I gladly accepted the invitation of Roberto Gamonal Arroyo to visit Familia Plómez , a cultural association whose objective is to preserve the printing presses and letterpress printing techniques. Familia Plómez is not a one-man show, it is a collective of more than 10 designers/printmakers who’s goal is to teach and foster the knowledge of typesetting, typography and whatever is related with the letter, printed, written or drawn. The collective of Familia Plómez primarily produces posters because it’s the most expressive form to show the visual power of typography.
1. Fear/Hope - Una mostra di Letterpress Workers! Exhibition at BASE Milan.
2. Last spots for Dafi Kühne s wonderful summer program - link.
3. Lithography Schnellpresse anno 1904. Let's move a 114 year old 7.5 ton heavy lithography Schnellpresse from Switzerland to its new home in Southern Sweden - link.
4. Calling all Printmakers! Submissions are open for our National Original Print Exhibition, all forms of printmaking are eligible and successful entries will be exhibited Bankside Gallery from 19-30 September. Deadline 28 June.
1. A complete reprint of the revolutionary Gutenberg Bible “B42” - link.
2. A fabulous set of photos of the Caslon Type Foundry at the beginning of the twentieth century - link.
3. Françoise Pétrovitch at the Centre de la Gravure (BE). This exhibition is a mix of prints, sculptures, wall drawings and a video installation entitled ' The wolf and the wolf ' - link.
4. The voice of the people before Twitter? The protest poster worldwide from 1968 to 1973.
"Get Up, Stand Up!", changing the world with posters! 400 posters, 30 countries, 5 continents. 09.05.2018 - 30.09.2018, MIMA museum (BE).
1. The next annual conference of the AEPM will be hosted by the Imprenta municipal – Artes del libro, Madrid, Spain from the 24-26 May 2018. The theme of the conference is:
'After printing: bookbinding as cultural heritage'.
2. MABB2018-Malmö Artists Book Biennial, first international artist's book fair in Sweden, a fair and exhibition about art based on the book as a phenomenon. 20.04.18.
3. GAA drukt door in Grote Kerk in Alkmaar. 22.06-22.07.18.
4. 'The Letterpress Printer', a lovely short film about Nick Hand from Bristol. The first in a new on-going collection of short films that explore the human relationship with passions, occupations and obsessions.